A Ritual to Read to Each Other ~ William Stafford

Sometimes we need the words of others more than our own. Today is such a day for me, so I though I would share a poem that has offered me new gifts with each re-reading.   A Ritual to Read to Each Other   If you don’t know the kind of person I am and…

Read More

Who are you?

Who are you? When you sleep  When you dream   Who are you in your eternal being? Who is it who sits between your eyes Who is it who says “I” Is it you who is wearing that disguise? Who are you when you are truly alive?   Let go of your fear Let go…

Read More

A Reminder from Spring

Here is a little poem I wrote in March 2022 Awakening The frogs sing for the coming of the spring The rain falls softly on the gently warming and Awakening earth As life begins to prepare for its annual re-birth I too am Being made anew… At this changing of the seasons   I too…

Read More

Sun Kissed & Wind Swept

Sun Kissed and Wind Swept   Marred with dirt From kneeling in the earth In prayer In thanks   For keeping me rooted So that I may rise   Arms full With a bountiful harvest Not just with edible gifts (Though that too)   But filled to the brim with friendship and Laughter and Heaping…

Read More

Earth Time

Early morning footsteps in the grass Soft  Slow  Silent   Dew drops.  A memory. A moment.    Birds calling the world to  Wake up!   Here,  In the space just after sleep  When dreams still linger, There is a blurring  A widening  A merging   This is earth time. This is soul time.    I…

Read More

Wild Souls

Inspired by: https://earthweal.com/2022/10/10/earthweal-weekly-challenge-wild-souls/   What does it mean to be wild?  To be free?  To be unburdened by another’s reality?    To be so sure of your place in the world  That the concept of uncertainty  Is altogether foreign   Your place is only in the present  Each task clear before you.   If the urge…

Read More

An Echo

There is a place that I sometimes go Where almost everything is unknown Where I no longer belong to myself  And into the depths I delve.   Here the secrets of the universe can be revealed Here I can let go of my fears For I know that I am held Held in the embrace…

Read More

Who Am I?

Who am I? When I am alone…   Who am I? When I am not the daughter Nor the future mother   When I am not the partner   Not the student, Not the teacher, Not the patient, Not the friend…   Not the wounded. Nor the healed.   Who do I become when I…

Read More

I Found Myself in the Garden

This is a poem that I wrote many years ago now, though I still find comfort in it today. May you find what you need.   I Found Myself in the Garden   I found myself in the garden today; Planting flowers in new places  Where old dirt had been dug up Sunflowers; shining light…

Read More

Independent?

What does that mean to be independent? Are we not dependent?   On the sun to rise, On our lungs to remember how to breath, On the grass to know how to grow?   Are we not dependent, On the seasons to move from spring to summer to autumn to winter? What if they forgot…

Read More